Saturday, September 12, 2009

Alina Ballerina and Mommy's Pride

Alina, right before leaving to balet on the first day.

Proud. There is no other word to describe how I feel to be Alina’s Mom (and Aydon’s, but this is about Alina). From the moment I held her, I was in love. Adoring every piece of her being. As time goes by, these feelings have only grown stronger. Experiences are becoming her story and it’s going by so quickly. With every experience, I fall more in love and become more proud.

As she grows into a beautiful young girl, her personality traits are becoming more prevalent and admirable. One of her most obvious traits is her independence. Last week was Alina’s first day at ballet. We walked into a tiny room with many moms and little girls waiting for class to begin. While many of the girls were clinging to their moms, crying, Alina was asking me, “You’re going to leave, right, Mommy?” She was so excited to face the new challenge. She then went into the room with her new teacher, Miss Kathy, and followed instructions so well. I, of course, was in the lobby taking pictures and watching through the window. Driving home I was still taking pictures of my little girl in her ballet attire, reminiscing on how fast time has gone by and how my baby is becoming a little girl.



Alina during balet, listening to Miss Kathy.

Alina is now asking daily if she gets to be a ballerina today. She is loving this newfound freedom and the opportunity to do something. I hope the drive is always there and that I have the ability to hold on to all of the moments in her story. Her first performance is on September 25th at Harvest Festival and I am again, so excited, and so proud. Alina will probably be happy to perform, and I may just be the one crying.


On our way home, Alina kept saying, "I want to go back to balet, again, again and again."

















1 comment:

  1. LOL! I'm just now seeing this.. but how exciting! I'm glad she's having so much fun, and even more glad that you're remembering to watch and enjoy! She's a beautiful ballerina!

    ReplyDelete