Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dearest Alina

Dear Alina,

You are nothing short of amazing!  Today you had your kindergarten assessment, which I can hardly believe.  We arrived to the school just on time and we signed in.  The moment your name was called, you ran out the door to the teacher and were on your way to testing.  Most of the kids were timid and shy, a little unsure, but you were so excited to begin this journey.

Aydon, Olivia and I waited for you in a room with other parents for an hour and a half while you "tested."  When you were done you came running into the room with excitement for what is to come.  And then you explained the test to me: she asked you to count and your abc's and colors and patterns.  You were so elated to have known everything that was asked of you.  You then explained that she wanted you to play a game with your hands while you sang the alphabet and you said, "I just couldn't do that...But, I'm going to learn!"  Later you showed Papa and I the song you learned, with the motions.  

I love your spirit and your enthusiasm and I watch you and thank God for giving you to me (and Daddy).  You are so compassionate and caring and have the enthusiasm for success.  I can't believe that you, my baby girl, are starting kindergarten.  It's not really the starting of kindergarten or letting you go that makes me a little sad, it's that I know how quickly time passes from here.

I just hope you know that from homework to sports to boys to peer pressure and bullying...I'm here for you.  I will always love you and support you.  You are not always going to like me, or Daddy, as we guide you through this crazy life, but know that we are trying to raise you to be the best that you can possibly be and to give you everything you need in life to be successful.  Not someone else's definition of successful, but a definition that suits you and makes you happy.

The journey is just beginning and the most beautiful thing is that you are ready and jumping for flight.  I am so very proud of you and so excited to watch you flourish and grow and learn.

I love you baby girl.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment